(or Girl… Or at least Make Sure theyre a Good Money Manager!! ha,ha!)
Here are some little tips so you can at least spot a wealthy (or soon-to-be-wealthy) guy:
1. If that BMW hes driving is most likely leased, you may be looking at a guy who owes a whole lot of money to someone else… Its pretty easy to LOOK rich. You might want to check out the guy in the Truck or not-so-new-but-still-nice vehicle — chances are high that hes the one whos been saving his bucks, and has the ability to make a whole lot more of them!
2. High Maintenance Women are great for High Maintenance Men — are you willing to be a Barbie forever? Think you ever want to just kick back and enjoy your life? Probably not with this guy — hell demand perfection — his mother will, too, and yes, shell definitely come with the package. (Hey, I dont know why these guys are like that — its just a part of the special — and sometimes anal retentive — package that you can often get with the Rich and Famous!)
3. Wealthy Men are really looking for down-to-earth women who wont blow their budget. (Go ahead… make all your jokes here…Ill wait! …) They are open to friendly women who would make easy companions — fun to talk with who can get down to business when they need to — which is fairly often — thats how wealth is made and kept! He wants to be married for life, since he is seriously trying to avoid losing half of his wealth-to-date in a Divorce.
Now, heres a difference between a Rich Man and a Wealthy Man…a Rich Man is a fellow with a tremendous amount of money, and often he is looking for a Trophy Wife. A Wealthy Man is someone who has worked really hard for his money and who wants to not only keep it, he wants to make sure it grows. The Wealthy Man is looking for a Partner to work along side him in this growth business, and help him keep his life running smoothly, then the whole family is much happier.
Remember that the Type of Work that a Wealthy Man does may not match what is typically thought of as a monied position. The old thinking was that only Doctors and Lawyers were the ones with money (this doesnt include Athletes, since they are few and far between, and were talking about men you might actually come in contact with on any given day..!). Enterpreneurs, Contractors, Teachers (yes, some teachers are really, really good money managers, and are able to amass all sorts of wealth!), People in Construction and Real Estate, and lets not forget Computers! Almost any line of work can lead a person down the Road to Wealth — its all about Money Management, not necessarily how much you make in any given year.
Keep an open mind when you meet a new person to see what theyre really all about. Youll ensure a better future for yourself if you hook up with a man who has a solid understanding of Wealth Management. A guy with a really high salary who spends like a fiend (and NOT on Real Estate! ha,ha!) in order to APPEAR Wealthy will be more difficult to get ahead with than someone who earns less but manages his money well.
4. Hang out at Boat Shows — those guys are typically loaded. They have to be to buy a boat and then actually take it out on the water. If youre lucky enough to live near water, hang about (not leeringly…) at the Docks. Who knows who you might run into…? Hey, Building and Home Shows are great, too — maybe youll get some great ideas while youre there, too!
Dont forget to pop into shops where the wealthy go — the Home Improvement Stores, Stationary Supply Stores, the Jean Stores (yes, contrary to popular opinion, many wealthy men wear jeans!) and, of course, the grocery and liquor stores!
Im not sure why Bars got such a bad rap — especially Dance Bars and Cool Pubs. Theyre fun to hang out at with your friends, and perhaps youll meet someone nice. Keep in mind that the wealthy generally didnt start out that way — you might find a diamond in the rough!
Sports Games are great, too (small plug — Id like to see every Sports Team out there with their own Logo on a Buff so when you went to games thered be a whole SEA of Buffs for each side — if you know someone interested in that, for Goodness Sake have them contact me! Pweeeease!) Back to the games — want a manly man? Check out the local Rugby matches… Love Hockey or Basketball? Try to catch the NHL and MBA (whooops! Slight trip of the tongue, there! Although those MBA guys are great, too…) … Should be NBA Games, then go meet the Players — theres usually a cool Bar in or nearby the Arena where you could mingle! No gushing, though — play it calm and collected — theyll appreciate the lack of craziness! All the people you will meet in this scenario will be interesting, so keep your mind open and make some new friends.
Just one little tidbit about going out with a group of girls — watch out for the group syndrome, where some poor soul comes over to ask you to dance and theres a quick and seldom subtle group decision about whether he should be permitted a dance or not… ugh. Everybody hates this — its not High School anymore … always make your own decision about who you like and be kind whenever you can. Its very hard for a man to approach a woman in a group (all the more reason not to always travel in packs!), so if youre not offended by the guy, one little dance is the polite thing to do. Unless its a slow song, and hes been leering at you all night, in which case a simple No Thanks. Maybe a Fast dance later on… ought to work. Strike up some conversations and have some fun!
5. Learn how to cook. No kidding. Check out my favorite recipes on the Tips & Recipes Page, and try your hand at one of the recipes. I havent met a man, yet, who doesnt love Cheesecake, so give that one a shot! Hey, youll have a lovely treat for you and your girlfriends while you seek out that guy! You dont need to cook everything, its just very useful to have a couple of signature dishes that you can make that will be fun to make for your new guy!
6. Have (and go to…) parties with other single people. Make them pre-timed in the afternoon, if its too weird to have one in the evening. Say, from 2:00pm – 4:00pm on a Sunday. Have each friend you invite bring another single person. Be sure to include your couple friends, too — they are great sources for single folk! At the very least, you might make a new friend or business acquaintance. Sunday works, since youre more likely to get into a restaurant if you like someone enough to continue the conversation over dinner.
7. Speaking of Dinner Out — this is a very good sign of what kind of man youre dealing with — a fellow who makes it clear in advance of the meal that its his treat is a good guy. Not in a weird way, though — if he goes on and on that hes going to pay, and its a huuuge deal, forget it. This guys crazy with his money, and you dont want to date a guy like this, let alone marry him!) If he wants to share the tab on the first date, watch out. Dont worry about that old thing where everything should be equal or you wont be on equal footing. If you like him, you can offer to pick up the tab on the next meal… Just the offer of reciprocation is very indicative of your willingness to be equal partners, and thats what hes looking for.
Now, of course, if you ask him out, you should also be prepared to foot the bill. Dont feel like you have to hit the best restaurant in town — you could have a nice picnic in the Park, or have him over to your place for dinner (if youve already had a few dates and youre comfortable with this).
I actually had a blind date years ago where the fellow brought a Grocery List and a Recipe for me to make dinner for him — can you believe that?? And to think hes still single — whoda thunk that?! I couldnt believe it, so I suggested just going out for Chinese, and guess who paid the bill — me! I couldnt get rid of him fast enough… (just so you know, this guy was no poor soul — I was poorer than dirt at the time, but he was an Architect and Professor… see how important knowing how they deal with money is? Being with a man whose wallet squeaks and dust puffs out when he finally opens it is a nightmare to be married to — hell control his own and your money for the entire marriage.) And you always thought it was just a little meal!
8. Be yourself — no need to put on any airs. Thats no fun and you want someone who will love you, not some made-up version of yourself. You know youre lots of fun to be around — let him see that, too!
9. Be confident. Know that you are worthy of being with him — and make sure he is worthy of being with you. Money isnt everything — sometimes it comes with a great big jerk at the end of the leash! (Ha, ha! Im amusing myself, now, with that dog analogy!) Be extra careful not to get too swept up in the cars and houses (although, Ive been known to be swayed by a gorgeous home in the past…and currently, too! And a really gorgeous pool could still turn my head! ha,ha!). Its the guy you have to live with, so might as well pretend that the other stuff isnt in the picture and see if you still like him. (Although, truth be told, theres many a man who would be all alone if it werent for their many attractive assets! ha!)
10. Well, ladies, go out there and find the man of your dreams! Hey, find two or three! You might need a back-up, just in case! Good Luck!
Remember that Wealth can be measured by many things — a Wealth of Possibilities is sometimes even more fun in a mate than finding everything ready-made. Then you can then grow in your Wealth, together. Doesnt that sound like fun? Plus, Rich to one person might mean being able to pay all the bills without worrying, and to the next person Rich might mean having the biggest Yacht in the Habour. Make up your own mind about How much does it take to be Wealthy, and youll be well on your way to your own Personal Wealth and Happiness!
Ailsa Forshaw is a Writer, Builder, Website Owner & Manager, Teacher, Mother… all in Alberta, Canada. She is Married with Two Lovely Children, and one gorgeous wee dog. Her Website, is chock full of all sorts of useful & fun information to help anyone become Financially Successful, Slim, Trim, and Happy… what more could you want?? Pop in for a wee visit!
We will never sell or rent your email address.
Forshaw, Ailsa How To Marry A Wealthy Guy.How To Marry A Wealthy Guy. 11 Aug. 20056 May. 2019 APA Style Citation:
Forshaw, A. (2005, August 11).How To Marry A Wealthy Guy. Retrieved May 6, 2019, fromChicago Style Citation: