Do you know the answer? Are you confident in your salvation?
Some people think the Bible says the rich cannot enter Heaven, which is false. Its just hard for them to enter Heaven. The rich and wealthy might think I dont need Jesus I have money. They could be filled with pride, greed, selfishness, and more which will stop them from entering. Christians can indeed be rich and go to Heaven, but you must never trust in riches. All Christians especially the rich have a duty to help provide for the poor and be willing to share with others.
James 2:26 Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works. I want to add as well that many of us in America are considered rich.You might be middle class in America, but in a country like Haiti or Zimbabwe you would be rich. Stop trying to buy the newest stuff and instead readjust your giving. Set your eyes on Christ. The rich unbeliever says I dont need to pray in trials I have a savings account.A Christian says I have nothing, but Christand we know there is not enough money in the world to help us.
Most rich people love money more than Christ. Money is holding them back.
1. Matthew 19:16-22 Then a man came to Jesus and said, Teacher, what good deed should I do to gain eternal life? Jesus said to him, Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you want to enter into life, obey the commandments. Which commandments? the man asked. Jesus said, Never murder. Never commit adultery. Never steal. Never give false testimony. Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. The young man replied, I have obeyed all these commandments. What else do I need to do? Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, sell what you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then follow me! When the young man heard this, he went away sad because he owned a lot of property.
2. Matthew 19:24-28I can guarantee again that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter Gods kingdom. He amazed his disciples more than ever when they heard this. Then who can be saved? they asked. Jesus looked at them and said, It is impossible for people to save themselves, but everything is possible for God. Then Peter replied to him, Look, weve given up everything to follow you. What will we get out of it? Jesus said to them, I can guarantee this truth: When the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne in the world to come, you, my followers, will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
3. 1 Timothy 6:16-19 He is the only one who cannot die. He lives in light that no one can come near. No one has seen him, nor can they see him. Honor and power belong to him forever! Amen.Tell those who have the riches of this world not to be arrogant and not to place their confidence in anything as uncertain as riches.Instead, they should place their confidence in God who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.Tell them to do good, to do a lot of good things, to be generous, and to share. By doing thisthey store up a treasure for themselves which is a good foundation for the future. In this way they take hold of what life really is.
4. Acts 20:32-35 I am now entrusting you to God and to his message that tells how kind he is. That message can help you grow and can give you the inheritance that is shared by all of Gods holy people. I never wanted anyones silver, gold, or clothes. You know that I worked to support myself and those who were with me. I have given you an example that by working hard like this we should help the weak.We should remember the words that the Lord Jesus said, Giving gifts is more satisfying than receiving them.
5. Proverbs 11:23-26 The desire of righteous people ends only in good,but the hope of wicked people ends only in fury.One person spends freely and yet grows richer,while another holds back what he owes and yet grows poorer.A generous person will be made rich, and whoever satisfies others will himself be satisfied. People will cursethe one who hoards grain,but a blessing will be upon the head of the one who sells it.
6. Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
It is very easy for the rich to make money dishonestly.
7. Psalm 62:10-11 Dont trust in violence;dont set false hopes in robbery.When wealth bears fruit,dont set your heart on it.God has spoken one thingmake it two thingsthat I myself have heard:that strength belongs to God,
8. 1 Timothy 6:9-10 But people who are trying to get rich fall into temptation. They are trapped by many stupid and harmful passions that plunge people into ruin and destruction. The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some have wandered away from the faith and have impaled themselves with a lot of pain because they made money their goal.
9. Luke 12:15-18 Then Jesus said to them, Watch out! Guard yourself against all kinds of greed. After all, ones life isnt determined by ones possessions, even when someone is very wealthy. Then he told them a parable: A certain rich mans land produced a bountiful crop. He said to himself, What will I do? I have no place to store my harvest! Then he thought, Heres what Ill do. Ill tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Thats where Ill store all my grain and goods.
10. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality, Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers,nor extortionersand robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.
Never accepting Jesus: They trust in their riches
11. Proverbs 11:27-28 Whoever eagerly seeks good searches for good will,but whoever looks for evil finds it.Whoever trusts his riches will fall,but righteous people will flourish like a green leaf.
12. Psalm 49:5-8 Why should I be afraid in times of trouble,when slanderers surround me with evil?They trust their richesand brag about their abundant wealth.No one can ever buy back another personor pay God a ransom for his life.The price to be paid for his soul is too costly.He must always give up
13. Mark 8:36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?
14. Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
15. Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
16. Mark 4:19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
17. Matthew 6:24-25 No one can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other.You cannot serve God and riches! Thats why Im telling you to stop worrying about your lifewhat you will eat or what you will drinkor about your bodywhat you will wear. Life is more than food, isnt it, and the body more than clothing?
Theyre of the world: Living for worldly things
18. 1 John 2:15-17Stop loving the world and the things that are in the world. If anyone persists in loving the world, the Fathers love is not in him. For everything that is in the worldthe desire for fleshly gratification, the desire for possessions, and worldly arroganceis not from the Father but is from the world. And the world and its desires are fading away, but the person who does Gods will remains forever.
19. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, so that you may approve what is the good and well-pleasing and perfect will of God.
20. Mark 8:35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
21. Psalm 73:11-14 They say, How would God know?Does the Most High know anything?This is what the wicked are likealways free of care, they go on amassing wealth.Surely in vain I have kept my heart pureand have washed my hands in innocence.All day long I have been afflicted,and every morning brings new punishments.
22. Proverbs 21:13-15If you stop your ears to the cries of the poor,your cries will go unheard, unanswered.A quietly given gift soothes an irritable person;a heartfelt present cools a hot temper.Good people celebrate when justice triumphs,but for the workers of evil its a bad day.
23. 1 John 3:17-18Whoever has earthly possessions and notices a brother in need and yet withholds his compassion from him, how can the love of God be present in him? Little children, we must stop expressing love merely by our words and manner of speech; we must love also in action and in truth.
24. Proverbs 16:16-18To get wisdom is much better than getting gold. To get understanding should be chosen instead of silver. The road of the faithful turns away from sin. He who watches his way keeps his life. Pride comes before being destroyed and a proud spirit comes before a fall.
25. Proverbs 23:4-5 Dont wear yourself out trying to get rich;restrain yourself!Riches disappear in the blink of an eye;wealth sprouts wingsand flies off into the wild blue yonder.
Luke 16:19-26 There was a rich man who dressed in purple linen clothes everyday. He lived like a king would live with the best of food. There was a poor man named Lazarus who had many bad sores. He was put by the door of the rich man. He wanted the pieces of food that fell from the table of the rich man.Even dogs cameand licked his sores. The poor man who asked for food died. He was taken by the angels into the arms of Abraham.The rich man died also and was buried. In hell the rich man was in much pain. He looked up and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus beside him. He cried out and said, Father Abraham, take pity on me. Send Lazarus.Let him put the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in much pain in this fire. Abraham said, My son, do not forget that when you were living you had your good things. Lazarus had bad things. Now he is well cared for. You are in pain. And more than all this, there is a big deep place between us. No one from here can go there even if he wanted to go. No one can come from there.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
20 Reasons Why God Is Allowing Trials In Your Life
What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians?
Luke 1:37 For No Word From God Will Ever Fail.